Johnson County schools will be closed on both Thursday, February 16th and Friday, February 17th of this week due to illness within the community. This will allow time for both students and staff to get well and recover, and also time for the staff to completely clean and disinfect the school buildings.
Please keep in mind that schools will also be closed on Monday, February 20th due to Presidents Day.
With the Winter season upon us and the chance of inclement weather moving in, parents should make sure that they have updated their contact information with their child’s school. We rely on proper contact information in order to notify you when schools are closed or on a delay due to inclement weather situations, so having the most recent contact information for your student is important.
New information updates can take up to 24 hours to completely update in our notification system, so please contact your student’s school and notify them of any changes soon!
The Imagination Library Board is looking for a young artist to design our 2017 T-Shirt. All students in elementary grades K-3 are invited to participate. The theme of the design must include books and/or reading. All designs are due at the Johnson County Public Library no later than September 30, 2016. The first place winner will have their design printed on the 2017 Imagination Library T-shirt.
- For ages in grades K-3
- Due at the Johnson County Library by Sept. 30, 2016
- Entry should include, name, age, & phone number
- Design should be drawn with a black marker
- T-shirt color is light blue, your design will be printed in one color of your choice
- Must include the words “Johnson County Imagination Library”
- Theme of shirt design is books/reading
- 1st Prize $25 plus a t-shirt with your design
2nd Prize $15
3rd Prize $10